Thursday, October 11, 2007

A great trip to Singapore...or not?

Hmm I am going down to Singapore soon, in less than 24 hours. Let me tell you how I feel now: excited but scared in a sense that I don't know how Singaporeans will be like. Are they seriously so kiasu? Is it so orderly in Singapore that even the janitors have a certain strategies when mopping the floor in a shopping mall or that even the birds flying in the sky follow the traffic rules? But wait, is there enough space in the Singapore sky for the birds to fly as freely as possible? Hmm Imagine a bird having to make a U-turn at the country border after flying for five minutes from the east to the west side of the country-state so as to go back to its nest. Is everywhere so clean that even cockroaches can't find a place to live in and hence migrating into the neighboring Johore and contribute to the growing cockroach population there? Or all the cockroaches in Malaysia came from Singapore? I had never been to Singapore, and this is funny because it is so near but it hadn't occured to me that I'd go there one day. You see, normally people in Malaysia have this perception 'what they have in Singapore, we have even more here, i.e. land space" However, due to its vast development and more civilised (or westernised hence loss of its identity) status, Singapore is now like a small-big brother that has superceded its ex-counterpart Malaysia in many many fields, except land development. Am I even right about the counterpart thingy? Anyway, since Singapore is like a little bit superior than Malaysia (just as how they all like to put it even when they need our raw water supply OR we have the conception that the grass is greener at the other side of the Causeway), I hope that my trip there will be a great eye-opener. I don't know what I'll see there that's completely different to Malaysia...cleanliness I guess, and orderliness.

Let's end this post with a great picture of Singapore, shall we?

Oops, the settings in this computer in the freaking e-lab prohibit the actions of linking photos. Too bad, so let me just describe to you the picture which I am going to put up.
You know the Lion-with-a-fish-tail stature or fountain head or whatever you call it? Alright, this creature is in the picture with the Singapore city-scrapers at the back (I can see Maybank and HSBC and a cool Victorian-ish building). This lion is vomiting water out of its mouth (sorry I can't think of any other word apart from vomiting, blame me for my poor vocabs and then get over yourself) and good god, the power of water ejection (or ejaculation) is so great that the water can reach as far as over the edge of the picture (into the Tebrau straits I guess, in real life). You see, they want raw water from us and this is how they use (salt) water - pump the salt water in from the straits and spit it back into the straits. Hmm why don't they buy raw water from us and sell it back to us? That'd be great, no?

Sorry I am just being stupid and taking the piss out of this stupidity. No pun intended to any Singaporean or anyone who feels that she is mostly Singaporean even though she's born in Malaysia.

Good trip to Singapore. Wait, since I'll be staying at marcus's place, do you think I shall post this after I came back from Singapore? Too bad, I'd pressed the button. 'PUBLISH POST'

No comments: